Saturday, February 4, 2012

Scraps Card #18 Cute Kiddy Valentine's

Finally...I have 2 hours of energy to make cards!  This pregnancy has been draining me of all energy and for the past few weeks I have been extremely sick.  I really missed doing what I love to do and also spending time with my family. The huge plus was my husband who did EVERYTHING around this house.  Thank the Lord for amazing husbands! Mine's a keeper.
I love the challenge this week over at Fantabulous Cricut.  It really made me think outside of the box with such a small surface to work with.  The challenge was to make a 3 x 3 Valentine's Day card.  Mix that with Create a Critter cartridge and some scraps that I have had lying around and this challenge was perfect for me and a no-fail!
My card base was 3 x 3,  mat 1 was 2 3/4" and the patterned paper mat (mat 2) was cut at 2 1/2".  I inked around the endges using a Studio G deep red ink. Every single piece of paper including the cricut cuts are from my scraps stash. 
The cricut cuts were various ones all cut at 2".  I used the zebra, bunny, hippo and skunk.  My favorite was the skunk.  I added some various bling hearts to each image and used pop up dots.
I entered these "cuties" in the following challenges
Paper Sundaes-Valentine's Challenge
Fantabulous Cricut-3x3 Valentine's
My Craft Spot-Anything Goes
Paper Play Time-Anything Goes




6 comments:

  1. Awwww, these are just so darn cute! I *love* Create a Critter, and you have really demonstrated the cuteness that is this cartridge. :)

    Hope you're feeling better soon! I was super sick with both my pregnancies - I always wondered why they call it "morning sickness" when mine was "24-hour sickness"...for nine months. Whew! :)

    Hugs,
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really cute!!! Create a Critter is one of my favourites!!!
    Hope you get feeling better with more energy soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous set of cards,so cute!Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    http://jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so absolutely adorable!! I love the papers you used and the cuts are so awesome!! Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

    Lisa
    FCCB Design Team Member
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're little valentines turned out so cute! I bet you had a lot of fun making these. Thanks for entering your cards in this weeks challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little cuties! Great papers and super Cricut cuts! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete