Monday, January 23, 2012

Scraps Card #17 Nuts About You

Valentines day is in the air....And so is the drive to get rid of these scraps.  I haven't posted anything in over a week but my husband and I got an early Valentine's Day gift.  We are expecting baby #3 in September and I have been super tired (and sick).  Maybe it's the full time job or my 2 other children.  Finally after 2 weeks I finally had the energy to turn on my cricut!
I used the new Cricut Craft Room to weld the acorn on page 32 from Create a Critter.  I wanted to make a "manly" Valentine's Card for my wonderful husband.  I sized the acorn to 4 1/2" and then welded it together on the side. I used a scrap of this brownish fall-like patterned paper and had enough at 4 1/2".  I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Seeing Spots embossing folder. 
The squirrel is also found on p.32 and was cut at 3 1/2".  I cut him from black cardstock, and then used various browns for layer 1 and 2.  For layer 3 I used the same patterned paper found on the acorn top.  I used dimmensionals to give a 3D effect.  I added a little scrap of red ribbon and adhered it using a Glue Dot.  I also added some faux stitching around the acorn and the squirrell using my white Gelly Roll pen and my Black Gelly Roll.  At our Dollar Store I found 120 Valentines Day heart bling for $1 and used one of the larger hearts for the squirrel so it looks like he is holding it. 
For the sentiment inside the card, I cut at 2 1/2" also from p. 32.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Die Cutting Diva's:  Squirrel Challenge
Tuesday Throwdown:  Neutral Colors
Whimsical Wednesday:  Anything Goes
Charisma Cards:  Clean and Simple
She's a Sassy Lady:  Valentine Card
Anyone for Anya:  Include Bling


7 comments:

  1. Oh ! What an original project ! I like the childish style ! Delicat and well-kept work !
    It's very successful ! Bravo ! I like !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little card! Love it. Thanks for playing along at She's A Sassy Lady today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card!!
    And CONGRATULATIONS on your coming addition!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is totally cute....thanks for joining us at Chrisma Cardz this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, love the design. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, what a darling acorn card. It's so cute. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete