Sunday, February 19, 2012

Scraps card #19: Spiderman Happy Birthday

This Saturday will be my little boy's 4th birthday party.  It's hard to believe that Denver, who is my oldest will be 4 years old.  Time is flying by and seems to be going by quicker every year.  He starts Kindergarten next year and already can't wait to start school. 
This year he wanted to have a Spiderman birthday party.  It is really hard finding Spiderman party supplies, especially birthday invites (which I usually make).  Cricut does not to my knowledge have a cartridge with Spiderman on it so this is what we both came up with.  Instead of finding a computer image we used Spiderman tatoo's!!!! I know, cheap cheap cheap.  I made 3 cards and I still have enough for a banner and thank you cards.  There were 16 image on the tatoo sheet that we got at our local dollar tree.  And of course, everything was made from my scraps.
Here's what we came up with....
Denver and I used the cricut Wild Card cartridge. We wanted to make some funky envelopes and I had this older piece of scrap paper that had a comic strip background.....talk about perfect!
We used the Tweety card on p. 47 and also the Stitched Card on p. 35 and cut them both at 5".  I used the blackout feature on the envelopes as I didn't want the bird or the stitching to show.  We put the tatoo on the window of both cards just by using a paper towel and dipping it into a little water so it wouldn't bleed or run onto the cardstock.  For the frames I used scrap pieces of white & black carstock.  The cards were both cut from red cardstock and then we used a blue liner.  As mentioned, the scrap piece of paper was used for the liners of the envelopes and I had almost enough but since the envelope is deeper, you can't see the 1" or so that was cut off.
I added a red piece of ribbon that I had lying around and stamped "It's a Party" using my memento Tuxedo black ink.  On the inside of the card we had the birthday invite that I printed off on the computer and trimmed it to go inside the card.  This also really shows the spiderman image!
For the tweety card, I also added a spiderweb (also from Wildcard cartridge) on pg. 68 and is the frame.  Denver and I sprayed it with my homemade white pearl glimmer mist to give it that beautiful web shine! 
Hope you liked our inexpensive birthday invites and it gives you some inspiration!
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Use it Tuesday #25-Birthday Party
Cooking with the Cricut-Birthday Theme
Paper Sundaes #108: Birthdays
Sentimental Sundays:  Let's Get sentimental






10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little boy, the Spiderman card is FABULOUS!!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card for your little guy! He'll love it!

    Thanks for playing along at Sentimental Sundays #90 Let's Get Sentimental challenge!

    Sandy S

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a great card. He will love it.
    Many thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool spidey card! Love the window! Thanks for joining us at SS for our focus on the sentiment challenge. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supercool card for your birthday boy!
    Love that web! :)
    Thanks for playing at UIT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card and some wonderful quality time with your son. How great for both of you! Thanks for entering our Paper Crafting World challenge!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super KWEL card! Thank you so much for entering our Paper Crafting World die cut and stamp challenge at CookingWithCricut.com. I am your newest follower and will look forward to more of your fun creations!

    Melin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers! Your card is awesome. I love the peek-a-boo window. Thanks for joining us at PaperCraftingWorld. We look forward to seeing more of you in the future.

    Christel
    PCW DT Member
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect cards for a little boy, and so great you made them together! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to use the tattoos!! Happy belated b'day to your son!! (Was it the 25th? My daughter's is that day, too, and we got to spend it with family in NB since we were there for a funeral the day before!)
    Hope you're feeling well!!

    ReplyDelete