Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Scraps Card #20 Baby Card

Did you think I disappeared?  The pregnancy is slowly going and I've lost weight instead of gaining.  But I finally had some energy tonight to make a new card for my scraps series!  11 to go....slowly their going but my pile of scraps is getting smaller and smaller!
For this card I got some inspiration from Momo.  If you haven't checked out Made by Momo you really should. She has some very simple but gorgeous cards!  I love her work.
I chose a baby theme as a friend of mine is having a C-section on Friday and I needed to make her a card, plus 7 of my co-workers/people I know are expecting.  Must be a small baby bomb.
The card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" the long way and is the baby blue from the Trucks & Trains cardstock by Recollections.  The mat is cut from brown cardstock scraps and is cut at 5 1/4" x 4" and the patterned paper is also cut from my stash of scraps and is cut at 5" x 3 3/4".  I only had enough to make this size of patterned paper mat so the other mat is 2 1/4" x 4".  I also used a baby blue strip of ribbon on this card.
The giraffe is cut from the Create a Critter cartridge (my favorite cartridge) on p. 48 and is cut at 4 1/2".  I used the giraffe in brown, layer 1 in a dark yellow and layer 2 in an ecru.
On one card I used hemp string that I got in a pack at Walmart.  I paid about $3 for the whole pack and there is enough there to do many cards.  The other card, I used a baby blue ribbon.
The sentiment on the outside and inside are stamped using Chocolate Chip Stampin' Up ink and both sentiments come from the Occasional Quotes Stampin' Up set.
I added some baby blue and brown buttons to give those "empty" spaces a boost.


7 comments:

  1. Simply SWEET!! I love your card as it is full of adorable elements--the buttons and the giraffe! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see your beautiful work again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! When you have that energy....run with it! You never know how long it lasts. Happy Pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! Glad you came to play at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That giraffe is SO adorable! Love him and all his fabby details. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love, love that giraffe :) Thanks for playing this week on CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete