Friday, September 21, 2012

Cut It Up Challenge #2: Photo Inspiration with Fall Theme


Hi Blogger friends and welcome to the 2nd challenge at Cut It Up Challenge! Our theme today is Fall.  In honor of the first day of fall tomorrow, create a fall themed project based on the following photo inspiration.

You can make any kind of paper project but remember to include a die-cut somewhere. This challenge starts today and ends |October 3rd at noon EST.
Be sure to enter at Cut It Up Challenge! and be sure to check out our challenge rules as well.  You could win this beautiful prize by Twendy Twine and My Thoughts Exactly Stamps...

I LOVE Fall.  When that cool breeze starts blowing I immediately start decorating.  I am fall obsessed from the apple picking, pumpkin picking, the smells (oh the smells) and baking!
For this challenge, I wanted to focus mostly on the leaves and the apples but adding my own element to it as well.
My husband and I were married Thanksgiving weekend of 2006 and our color scheme and decorations focused on leaves, pumpkins, straw, raffia, apples and baskets.  I wish I had my Cricut then....So I also drew inspiration from our special day for my project. It is a shaped card using Doodlecharms cartridge.





Materials Used:
*Shaped card cut from Cricut Craft Room
*Recollections & Color Core Cardstock
*Metallic Paper by Recollections
*Cricut Doodlecharms Cartridge by Provocraft (Basket shaped card welded and cut from Cricut Craft Room, inside sentiment mat cut @ 4 1/4", leaves p. 115 cut at 2", apple p. 118 cut at 2 1/4")
*Flower Shoppe Cartridge by Provocraft (Mum 4 p. 21 cut at 2 1/2", 2 1/4", 2", 1 3/4", 1 1/2", 1 1/4" and Mum1 cut at 1 1/4 from Brown cardstock)
Recollections Brads (Brass color)
Raffia
Sentiment by Inkadinkadoo Autumn Foliage

Challenges Entered:
Getting Cricky-Happy Fall Y'All






14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love all the layering and that big flower on the front!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. just gorgeous!! your card turned out beautifully:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! What a great shape card for fall!! :) Plus, your cute table decor is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I love the sunflower and the sentiment is so cute! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shaped card!! It's such a great shape and I love the raffia you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shape card is so great! Love it and the extra embellishments you did!
    DT Hugs,
    Jamie
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I've recently revisited the Doodle Charms cartridge--seems like I forget about it when I have so many others to use! LOL!

    But I love this basket of leaves and apples for a Fall project! Yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute as can be with lots of great die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I Love your Fall Basket Card! I have been thinking of making one to. I don't have that Cartridge but my Sister does.(Thank Goodness)! I just became a follower of yours! Thanks for Sharing and Happy Fall! :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita, What a beautiful, detailed card! I love the flower, and the brads really add a rustic touch. Very pretty!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love fall as well. A fall themed wedding would be beautiful. I wish I had my cricut and pinterest before my wedding! It would be been so different. ;) Happy to be a new follower. Thank you for entering the Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky! Good luck!!! :)

    Heather
    Getting Cricky Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Autumn creation:)
    I like all the elements and big flower:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete