Friday, December 21, 2012

Have an "ice" day!

Happy 1st Day of Winter everyone!  I am not a Winter person.  I think when outgrow snow pants, Winter wears off a bit but my children love it, especially my son because of all the activities.  He's a hockey, snowman, fort building kinda kid.  
As part of my Christmas Scraps series I wanted to make these 2 cards.  I had enough in my scraps to make 2 and use up all of that paper!
I chose to make a shape card using Elegant Edges and Cricut Craft Room to weld them together.  This card was so cute to make and I used some bakers twine to really make it look like a pair of figure skates.
What is your favorite activity?





Materials Used:
*Cricut Craft Room
*Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge by Provocraft (p.29) Leaves Oblong Shift at 6 1/2" welded
Silver mat at 6 1/4", patterned paper mat at 6"
*Inside sentiment mats (6", 5 3/4", & 5 1/4")
*Scored at 5 1/8"
*Patterned paper by Recollections (dark snowflake) and 'Tis The Season DCWV paper stack
*Cardstock by Recollections
*Silver Metallic paper by Recollections
*Go Canada Cricut Cartridge by Provocraft (p. 27) cut at 3 1/2"
*My Pink Stamper Winter Punnies stamp set
*Bling
*twine
*Martha Stewart Snowflake punch.

Challenges Entered:
Fantabulous Cricut #142: Shaped Cards
Paper Playtime #91: Winter Fun
My Craft Spot #80: Shaped Cards
Celebrate the Occasion #93: Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash #82: Winter Theme
Creative Cutter Room:  No Red or Green

12 comments:

  1. The skates are perfect for winter. I do not like the cold either...that is why my parents moved to Florida many years ago (I think my dad hated shoveling snow.)! Love the twine used as laces.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are adorable! You did all that with scraps!? Wow! Nice work! I love the shaped cards, the layering, pretty background papers and those amazing ice skates! Perfect for the "winter" challenge at SOS! Thanks for joining us this week! Merry Christmas!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the winter!!strange?...LOL
    Love your Adorable cards!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. YOur ice skates are beautiful. The twine laces look great
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter room.
    CCR DT member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! LOVE the lacing on the ice skates and the pretty colors! Thanks so much for joining in with My Craft Spot this week!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute. Thanks for sharing with us at CTO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are so nice, I really like how you added the twine as laces!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these ice skates. So fun. The 3D laces are perfect. Thanks for joining us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards! I just LOVE how you laces the skates! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great skates! Nice way to use your scraps! Thanks for joining us over at the CCR! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty cards! I love how you used the twine as the laces! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cutter Room!

    Tracy
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete