Saturday, December 15, 2012

I Love Snow Blog Hop


Welcome to the Snow Blog Hop. I want to Thank Lisa for letting me be a participant on this wonderful hop. It comes at a great time.  Personally, I am starting to enjoy snow again.  I think when you outgrow snow pants, the excitement of snow wears off.  I like snow on Christmas Eve and that used to be about it.  Now with the fun that my little ones have, we are "snow people."

I chose to make a glass block project with a very popular "snow" activity.  My kids LOVE building snowman and it is always a contest to see who can make their snowman look the chubbiest!

Here is the blog line-up in case you get lost...Be sure to check out all participants projects.  They are beautiful and you may get some last minute gift ideas!


Lisa ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/ (start here)
Ashley - http://thebloghopprincess.blogspot.com/
Elecia - http://creationsby-kahaulani.blogspot.com/


Here is my project!
 I chose to make a small & large glass block using the same image.
 The lights are 20 count lights and the image is from A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge. 
 The ribbon is from Celebrate It and is 1 1/2" wired edged ribbon.

 The ribbon for the large glass block is by Holiday Time and is 2" wired edge ribbon. I used a 30 count set of lights.



Materials Used:
*Small & Large glass blocks
*A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge by Provocraft (p. 55) small snowman cut at 4", large at 5"
*Red ribbon by Celebrate It 1 1/2" wired Edge
*Blue Ribbon by Holiday Time 2" Wired Edge
*20 and 30 count white lights

Challenges Entered:
PDE-Snow
Cardz TV DT Challenge#21: Project featuring Snow
Go Fish: Anything Goes
CRAFT Challenge:  Snow





18 comments:

  1. they are beautiful!!! I have been wanting to make those

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inspiring! Thanks for sharing

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous light! Thanks for sharing and for the hop! Enjoy your day!
    http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/
    utb01@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try this. I like it soooo much TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! I love that cartridge!! I love your block more though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your glass blocks they are so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.


    racincrafts at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all the glass blocks I am seeing lately...yours turned out so cute
    Kgprevost(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
    Kathyskraftsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anita: I really like your project. I have one of these glass blocks sitting under our Christmas trees too!

    ~Beth
    motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com
    mddesigns_11@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita, these are just beautiful! I love the whole look and now I really want to try to make one too!

    I had fun hopping with you!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    ScrapThisSaveThat.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!

    Melissa
    scraplady202@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your glass block is so beautiful! Love it!
    bbiswabic@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!!very BEAUTIFUL & very CREATIVE!Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at PDE Snow Challenge.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing project! I love these glass blocks - I need to figure out how to make some, they are SO effective! Thanks for playing with us this week at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges and Cardz TV Stamps. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful job! Thanks for playing along with the Cardztv Design Team!

    Mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These glass blocks are wonderful!! Beautiful bows, too!

    ReplyDelete