Friday, August 23, 2013

Cut It Up #26: Altered notebook

Can you believe that August is almost over?  It is also a sad time for me because after being home for a year with my darling children and my now almost 1 year old daughter, it is time for me to return to work.  Mommy may cry....
On a side note, today is my baby sister's wedding.  She is marrying an amazing man and their wedding is on PEI.  Congrats Katherine & Devon!!! My children are in the wedding and I cannot wait to see them dressed up all fancy.
Today is my last challenge post with Cut It Up.  I have been with this fabulous group of ladies since it's beginning last September and thought it was time to allow another individual to be part of this amazing Design Team.  I will miss by Design Team sisters and thank them for their support and crafting friendship over this past year!
Today our challenge at Cut It Up Challenges is Back To School. You are to make an altered notebook for your project and don't forget the die cut!
Since I am a music teacher, I made one for myself.  But don't worry, I wasn't too greedy! I also made 2 more, 1 for another music teacher friend of mine and another for a musical cousin in my life.
I absolutely love how it turned out (better than I expected) and loved the way all the colors blended together so nicely.

This challenge starts today, August 23rd and ends September 4th, 2013 at Noon, EST.

Challenges Entered:
Cardz TV Go To Galz #34: Color Pop

Materials Used:
*Notebook from Dollar Store
*Patterned paper by Recollections Music Notes
*cardstock by Recollections
*A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge p. 50 for violin, font at 1 1/4"
*Ribbon by Offray
*Flowers by Recollections (Dollar bin)


9 comments:

  1. Lovely creation.
    Gr Elly

    PS I have a blogcandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors do look great together, and I love the violin shape. Have you ever checked out the Quarter Note cartridge? It would be perfect for you, and it's an older one, so you may be able to get it for a good price.
    Thank you for all your creativity, Anita. We will miss you!!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Thank you. DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant! Love the theme. It was so fun to craft with you at Cut It Up! ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these colors! Great job!


    Thanks for joining the Cardztv Design Team!
    mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done, thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty notebook! Love the flowers and music note paper! It was great being on the team with you! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for joining the CTVS challenge with your beautiful notebook! Karen www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete