Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Scraps Card #21 A Child's Year various

I got an amazing deal the other day on Kijiji, 3 cartridges for $30.00!  The cartridges I got were A Child's Year, Stretch Your Imagination and Paper Doll Dress Up.  Talk about your huge deal!!!!!
I love the images in  A Child's Year cartridge.  An image for everything and so simple to use.  So I knew for my next scraps card I wanted to make a birthday card using this cartridge.
For my inspiration on the birthday card with the fairy, I used a little inspiration from Mary at Cardz TV.  She has such beautiful stamp sets, cards and is a huge inspiration for the new card maker to the more seasoned.
For the card base, I used white cardstock cut lengthwise at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The mat is a purple-pink color and was cut from my scraps at 5 1/4" x 4".  The patterned paper is from my stash of scraps as well and is cut at 5" x 3 3/4".
I used my Lacey Labels cartridge to cut a frame and used the "Hugs" image using shift and normal feature at 4".  Using A Child's Year, I cut the tooth fairy image on p. 77 at 3" from black cardstock.  I used foam tape to add dimension to her.  The sentiment is from All Occasion's from Stampin' Up and was stamped using Memento Black Ink.  The inside sentiment is also from Stampin' Up and is from the Birthday Greetings set.  I also added some bling to the card and also on the fairy's wand.

For the Just a Note Card, I used white cardstock cut at a normal A2 size card of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The mat is a blue-grey color and was cut from my scraps at 5 1/4" x 4". The patterned paper is from my stash of scraps as well and is cut at 5" x 3 3/4".  I also used Lacey Labels Hugs Image but cut it at 4 1/4".  The image of the boy fishing is from A Child's Year and is the Outdoors boy found on p. 38 of the manual.  I cut him at 2 1/4" and added some Glossy Accents to the water to give it a shine.
The sentiment is from a new set I got at Michael's and is by Hero Art Clear Stamps.  The set is called Everyday Sayings and was also stamped using Memento Black Ink.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Sentimental Sundays #93:  Go Green or use Recycled Material
My Craft Spot #47:  Manly Man Cards
She's a Sassy Lady:  Any Project
Creative Cutter Room: Use Scraps




11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful use of your scraps! Way to go on the cartridge score! Makes me jealous!!! Thanks so much for sharing your scrap projects with us at Creative Cutter Room!

    Tonya
    CCR DT
    ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! So impressive...these are so beautiful...my scraps never look THIS good! Thanks for sharing int the Creative Cutter Room. Hugs Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score! What a great deal! And wow, what beautiful scraps you have! :-)


    -Theresa
    http://ahappyscrappylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did a wonderful job of using your scraps. Thanks for sharring and playing along at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Nice way to use up those scraps! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...to both your deal and cards from scrap. Tell me more about this place where you got them from!!! Thanks for sharing at Creative Cutter Room.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on that great deal!! Nice cards! ACY is one of my faves!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's me again! :) I enjoy seeing ALL of your creations!!
    I have an award for you on my blog if you are interested...
    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable cards! Love those images.
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards! The silhouette images are so pretty! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards!Love A childs year cart!!!!You did an amazing job!

    craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete