Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Scraps Card #22 Wishing You an EGG-cellent Easter

Although it's a few weeks away, I wanted to start my Easter cards early.  EVERYTHING for these cards have been from my scrap pile except for the card base.
The card base is from a pale pink cardstock and is cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The first mat is cut at 5 1/4" x 4", mat 2 is a light pink scrap that I had and is cut from 5" x 3 3/4" and the top mat is cut at 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" and is a scrap of patterned paper that had little pink flowers on it (perfect for Easter).
The grass was cut at 1" from a scrap of green card stock and is from the Paper Doll Dress Up p. 78 and is found on tab shift.
The chick is from the Simply Charmed cartridge and is found on p.35.  I cut the chick at 2 1/2" using layer 1, 2, 3, 4 all using shift and then of course chick shift.  The base was cut from black scraps, layer 1 from ryellow, 2 is cut using a scrap of dark pink scrap, layer 3 orange scraps and layer 4 a scrap of pink polka dots! I popped him up on some foam tape. I didn't like the eyes so I chose to use a medium size googly eye that I got at the Dollar Store.
I printed the sentiment from my computer and the inside says "May your Easter be as bright as the eggs in your basket.
To finish it off I added 4 hot pink buttons.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #44:  Buttons and/or bows
The Cuttlebug Spot:  Child's Card
My Sheri Crafts: Easter Card with Pastels
BBTB-Bunny or Chick
All Sorts Challenge:  Three in a Row
Celebrate the Occasion:  Challenge #55 Welcome Spring
Crafty Calendar:  Spring Clean (Use scraps)



17 comments:

  1. Oh, these are darling! Good for you getting these made early. Sooooo cute :) Adorable chick and egg cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaw this chicky is sooooooo cute!!
    What a great idea to put it in an egg! Good job.

    TFS and thank you so much for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot!

    Cuttlebugs & hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Easter card. You could also enter this at Allsorts (3 in a row). Did you get my last e-mail about the embossing hop?

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo cute!! The papers are perfect!! Yay for scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! I love the polka dot eggshell. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love the chick and the sentiments are fab both inside and out! (Might have to borrow them, LOL) Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darn cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness!! These are so cute!! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very very cute.... so glad you joined us on our BBTB2 bunny/chick challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply ADORABLE and know your kiddos will LOVE those wiggly eyes!!! ;~) Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, so cute for Easter. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet Easter cards.

    Thanks so much for joining our Three in a Row challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These Easter cards are so adorable. I love the inspiration for them. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your Easter cards.They are so Cute.Now, I do not have the Simply Charmed cart and I noticed that everyone is using this cart for Easter.That would be my next purchase.:)

    craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These Easter cards as super adorable! I love the buttons & the cute little chick! Thanks for playing along with us over at Shopping our Stash (SOS) this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are so sweet, that chick is adorable! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for your "Welcome Spring" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh your chickie cards are sooo sweet! I just love how bright and cheerful they are! Thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete