Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wedding Invitations

Wow, it has been over 20 days since I posted anything....and it hasn't been because of a lack of inspiration!
My sister had asked me in October to make her wedding invitations for her wedding next August and how could I refuse.
She flew in on the 18th from Vancouver and we spent the week working on her invitations.  It is going to be such an intimate, rustic ceremony (very much her style)
The paper is all recycled, and we used raffia plus real pressed Lavender.  I just keep smelling my invitation!
Here's the finished product!  I admit, I was really scared of this "project" as I've never done anything like this before, but am thrilled at how it came out...




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful invitation. My sister and I just did the same for our niece. It takes a lot to do this but well worth it. I love the personal touch of making them. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful invitations!!
    I noticed no posts and thought maybe your little one had arrived early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous invitations - what a wonderful idea to add the lavender. Not long now till number 3 arrives - hope you are well. Hugs Karon

    ReplyDelete