Tuesday, August 19, 2014

DCD #179: Pinterest or Inspired by a Fellow Crafter

Happy Tuesday my blogging friends. Today we have a great challenge starting at Die Cuttin' Divas. 
Our challenge is Pinterest Inspired or Inspired by Another Crafter.  To enter this challenge, you must also post a picture of the original source along with the blog posting from that source.
So here is my inspiration....
There are so many crafters that I am inspired by and I have been blessed to have worked with some of them on different Design Teams over the years.  One I have always been inspired by is Janis over at Pause, Dream Enjoy! Recently, she has also been doing some Silhouette Tutorials on certain functions of the machine!! Thank you Janis!
A few months ago, she did a 5 box tutorial on an A2 Sized box for storing cards. I loved each one of them and decided to "recreate" my own version of hers!
Here is the original inspiration which can be found here...... 

Be sure to check out the other 4 A2 Boxes that she did in this series.

Like Janis, I'm using Lori Whitlock's cut file purchased from the Silhouette Online Store Design ID #43509. It comes with the box shape cuts, the paper cuts to decorate the box and tab dividers. I did use the tab dividers.

Here is my creation...
I love how this turned out! Thanks Janis for the inspiration. I know what I will be giving away for Christmas gifts!

Be sure to head over to Die Cuttin' Divas to see some fabulous inspiration by our Design Team.

Materials Used:
*Recollections Cardstock
*Create a Critter p. 65 @ 3 1/2"
*Cardz TV Stamp Set For the Birds available here
*Bling Rhinestone
*glitter Glue

5 comments:

  1. What a great project, Anita. You could write the names of months on the tabs with a list of people's birthdays and put their cards behind! Yours is really sweet! I love the little birdie!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project, Anita!!! I love it!! TFS!!
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great box for organizing. I need one!

    ReplyDelete