Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wild Card 2 Series #1: Feel Better Card

What a close race it was between Birthday Bash & Wild Card 2 but Wild Card 2 won by 1 VOTE!!!
So here is the first card out of 51.  For now, I will hopefully post one a night just to give you a start.  After that, I hope to post 2-3 cards every post day.  Remember, posts for this series will be every Monday, Wednesday & Friday until I finish or until the new baby comes.  So just in case I disappear I may have had our new little girl....
In a few days, I will also make a post on the manual for the Wild Card 2 cartridge as it is VERY different from the original Wild Card Cartridge.  There are no liners and the phrasing seems to also come out like a Real Dial Size.  I have not used this card until tonight as I wanted to learn along with you.  So if I do something different or wrong, please let me know.
Ok, enough chatter from me! Here's the card.


Since this is the first card, I will give you in detail how it was made.  The image and cuts can be found on p. 22 of the manual.  I wanted to make it as big as possible so I loaded a 12 x 12 sheet and used the fit to page feature at 5 1/4".  You will notice in the manual that it does say that a 4.5" or larger would be appropriate for this card due to the cuts.  I cut the envelope from white cardstock and used envelope shift from blue for the cloud.  Remember, there is no liner for this card.  The card base was also cut at 5 1/4" from dark blue Bazzil cardstock, and card shift from light blue.  I added Glossy Accents to the raindrops.
The rainbow was cut from pink, rainbow shift from yellow and again from teal blue (notice there are 2 cuts under rainbow shift), Layer 1 from Lime Green and Layer 1 shift from White.
I embossed the cloud using the Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder.  Love the swirled look for clouds.
As mentioned earlier, if you cut the phrase at 5 1/4" it is HUGE so with some playing around I thought that the phrase cut at 2 1/2" was a better fit.  I used the Phrase Layer shift from white and then the Phrase from the blue.

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! I love the glossy accents on the raindrops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Wild Card that is the cartridge that turned me into a card makeer...you card is adorable love the embossing on the cloud. Karen

    ReplyDelete