Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wild Card Series #21 Doily Card

I made my weekly trip to Michaels today and completely fell in love with their new holiday paper.  I purchased the Naughty or Nice Recollections Signature Paper Pad today.  There are so many beautiful designs, it will be hard to cut into any of them.  So many choices!
For the Doily card, I went with a Christmas theme using the Stampin Up Christmas Cardinal set.

The Doily card, envelope and liner for the envelope were all cut at 4 1/2 ".  I used an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of Recollection's Neutral Line cardstock for the envelope and used the Fit to Page feature.  For the envelope liner and card itself, I used a beautiful piece of paper from Recollections Signature Paper Pad Naughty or Nice series.  I didn't like the liner for the doily itself so I used my George and Basic Shapes cartridge and cut 2 circles, one at 3 3/4 (Burgendy) and the other the same neutral color I used on the envelope cut at 3 1/2".
I stamped the cardinal image on the Neutral circle and colored it in using my Stampin' Up Pastel set and the Stampin' Up Blender pen.

The sentiment for the outside of the card was a stamp I found in the $1 bin at Michaels by Craftsmart.  I stamped it on the Neutral cardstock, chalked the edges and crumpled it slightly with my fingers to give it an "older" worn look. I curled it slightly and placed it on the outside of the card.

I placed a bow with a little bling on the top of the card as I didn't like the traditional bow I had there before.

I am so happy how it turned out.  The hard part is deciding who to give it to...


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card!!
    I really like your style and am your newest follower! (Nice to see a Maritimer... I grew up in Moncton!)

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete