Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nobody Likes "Ruff" Days

I LOVE THIS CARD.  Just saying....
This is one of the cards that my 4 year old son and I made this afternoon.  That's one of the many things I love about the Cricut.  It is so child friendly.
For this card we used Create a Critter.  Denver loves this cartridge, and so do I.  Very cute images that can be made for child and adults alike!
We decided to use the dalmation dog and cut the image and all his accessories at 3".  For his doghouse, we also cut it at 3" but used dimensionals to allow the red front to stand out more. 
The dog dish was cut at 1" and also the layer for it. the dog bone was also cut at 1"
The phrase "Ruff" was cut at 2" using the shift key for it.  We cut 2 in white and 2 in red.  Then glued the red on top of the white but off centered it just a bit to give it a neat effect.
The card is a A2 size card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2") and Mat 1 and 2 come from the Complete Boy paper stack by Minds Eye.  I LOVE this stack.  Has so many beautiful sheets of paper, many that cordinate together as well is you'd like it to.
The inside sentiment reads "Nobody likes Ruff days".  We cut it at 2 1/4 x 2 3/4" and used a scrap of the same coordinating blue from the Minds Eye top mat on the card.  That was cut at 2 1/2" x 3.
I entered this card in the Cardz TV Challenge #1 Just My Style.   If I had to describe my style, it would be simple, yet elegant.  I am always up for something new and LOVE to try new techniques (my latest being Digi Stamps).
Hope you like it as much as Denver and I do and hopefully you are not having a "Ruff" day!
Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Another Adorable card. You and your son must be having tons of fun. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cardz TV with Mary "Just Your Style" Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow another wonderful card...
    well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. I love Create a Critter. Thank you for joining us at CardzTV challenge. I hope to see more of your work again soon!

    Blessings,
    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute!!! Create-a-Critter is an awesome cartridge!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete