Thursday, November 17, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus challenge card

Hi folks.  I am loving digi stamps.  If you seen my post from yesterday, I had said that it was my first time using them.  Now I don't think I can stop!  I was up all night shading, coloring and have a great time finding some to start with.  Once again I found this image from Free Craft Downloads. I entered this card in the Opus Gluei Challenge 117 What's On Your Head? and he weekly challenge at Delightful Challenges which is a Bingo Challenge this week.  I am really happy how it turned out.
The card base is a regular A2 size card cut lengthwise (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). I used the Tim Holtz Ornamental die cut and used a red scrap of patterned paper I had lying around.  The strip of patterned paper is cut at 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" and is from the Happy Holidays line by Jackie Eckles and is called HH Strips. I used this patterned paper along time ago on a layout for my son's 1st Christmas (over 3 years ago) and had it stored for a "special project".
The picture as mentioned is from Freecraftdownloads and was colored using my Prismacolored pencils.  The image was cut at 3 1/8" x 3 1/8".
I added a scrap strip of Offray Cranberry Grosgrain ribbon and finished it off with an antique brad that I had.
I added a Holly berry sticker to Santa's hat and also a sentiment from the same sticker pack.  I got this sticker pack last year in the scrapbooking section at our local Dollarstore while finding some storm day activities for my son!
Hope you like it!


3 comments:

  1. Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a sweet blog you have, now I want to sit down and play in my craft room and play Christmas music! Really adorable card! Santa and his reindeer look so festive, you are making me think I need some digis!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Opus Gluei, and I hope we can get you to visit us at Opus Gluei for more challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, they both look like they have already started on the sherry!
    Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei :-)
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete