Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Christmas to me means many things.  I love the smells, the baking, and especially the excitement on my kids faces as we get ready to ring in the holiday season.  As a child, my favourite part of getting ready for Christmas was helping my grandmother put up her manger seen.  She had so many sheep and I literally would spend hours putting them on the fake snow walking towards the stable to see the baby Jesus.  Now that I have my own children, this tradition remains today and my son is the same as I was, and loves to put the sheep in.  He has claimed this as "his job!"
So it was a highlight to make a Christmas card featuring the little shepherd and his sheep asking "Do You Hear What I Hear?"
The cut is from Winter Frolic cricut cartridge.  I used the shepheard and sheep from p. 75 and cut him and all his layers at 3".  I added some flock to our fleecy friend and added some stickles to the star to really make it shine.
The sketch if from Mojo Monday's Sketch #139 (May 17, 2010). This is a great website with many sketch designs.
The card base is 6 1/2" x 5" and is The Paper Company Burgendy Corduroy.  All patterned paper are from K & Company Elizabeth Brownd Visions of Christmas matt stack. 
Mat #1 is cut at 6 1/4" x 4 3/4".  Mat #2 (Ecru) is cut at 5 3/4" x 3 1/2" and is from Recollections Neutrals pack.
The smaller mats are cut at 3 3/4" x 3 1/2" and I used a scrap piece of paper left over from cutting the card base.  The smallest matt is cut at 3 1/2 x 3 1/4 (blue snowflake design)
The Do You Hear sentiment was added by hand and I used the Tim Holtz Ornamental Die Cut to cut out the shape. 
I chalked around all edges of the card to give it a rustic older look.  I added some Jute and a strip of burgendy ribbon to the card plus a button that I had stashed away that actually matched the green perfectly in my Mat 1.
Hope you like it.

I entered this card in the following challenges:
Cardz TV Challenge #96:  Say it was "S" Christmas
Trimmies Craft Challenge:  Unusual Christmas Card
The Two Sisters:  Holiday Theme
Fantabulous Cricut: Create a Holiday Card







7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love the sketch and the Cricut cuts you used! Your son is so cute!
    Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined us at FCCB! You have gained a new follower. :) Love that card! Be sure to stop by our Wednesday post. You won't want to miss it! ;)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator)
    http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com

    personal blog: http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! I have this cart, but haven't used it yet. This gives me some inspiration to pull it out and get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! I love the twine and button. The shepard looks fantastic! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet card, great job! Thanks for sharing your favorite project of 2011 with us at Cooking with Cricut.
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious! Darling little scene and your embellies are the perfect pick. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious card and a precious memory captured! Thanks for linking up your favorite 2011 project at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete