Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mojo Monday sketch Challenge 215: Singing Snowmen

Hey folks! I finally had the time to try my first Digi stamp and seen this pattern at Free Craft Downloads. It's a great site with many free Digi stamps and as a mother, who doesn't love FREE!
I decided to combine it with the current card challenge over at Mojo Monday. If you are not familiar with this site you should definitely check it out. It's full of great ideas, inspiration and for those of us who are "stuck" on a design a sketch is given every week to inspire you! 
Here's my take on the design
 The card base is 5x 7 made from Green Recollections cardstock.  Mat 1 was cut at 1 3/4 x 6 from a red patterned paper I had lying around . Mat #2 was cut at 2 1/2 x 5" from a plaid scrap of paper I had lying around.  The picture is from a Digi stamp I found at Free Craft Downloads and was cut to 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 and then punched around using my Recollections punch. I used my Prismacolor colored pencils to color the design and added some silver based glitter glue to the snowmen to give them that "frosty feel".
Finally, I cut 2 bells with my Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge and cut them at 1 3/4".  The final touches was adding this beautiful red bow to bring out the red in the design and the patterned paper against the green card base.  Hope you like it.                                                   

1 comment:

  1. I like this snowman card very much! I am going to see if they still have the free digi! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete