Thursday, November 17, 2011

You're the Pick of the Patch

I love this card! I made this card for the Whimsical Wednesday's current challenge "Happy Turkey Day". When I think of Thanksgiving, I think of Pumpkin Picking.  We always take our children the day before Thanksgiving to pick our pumpkins for Thanksgiving dinner and later for Halloween.  The kids love it and it always makes for some great "picture" moments.
The card base is cut at 5" x 6 1/2" from white cardstock.  Mat 1 is patterned paper from My Minds Eye All Boy collection and is cut at 4 3/4" x 6 1/4". Mat 2 is cut from a light blue cardstock at 4 1/2" x 6".
For this card I used the following cricut cartridges: Everyday Paper Dolls, Create a Critter and Just Because Cards.
The grass is cut from the Everyday Paper Dolls cricut cartridge.  it is found on p.77 of the manual and was cut at 2 1/2".  The sign is found on p.40 of the same cartridge and was cut 3 times (green, brown, and ecru) for all layers of the sign.  It was cut at 4 1/2". I also cut various sizes of pumpkins (p. 34) from this cartridge at 3 1/2",
2 3/4", 2 1/2" and 2 1/4". I added dimensions to some of the pumpkins to give that 3D effect.
From Create a Critter cartridge, I cut 2 pumpkins (p. 70) using the main pumpkin from a brown carstock and Layer 1 from orange cardstock.  The pumpins were cut at 2" and 1 1/2"
The wagon was cut from Just Because Cards Cartridge and was cut at 4".  I used a white gel pen to add details to the wagon and glossy accents to the wheels.
I chalked around all edges of the cuts (pumpkins, sign, grass) and also added some whisps of clouds with chalking.
I added the phrase "You're the pick of the patch".....



2 comments:

  1. What a super cute card! I love the wagon full of pumpkins and the cute sign. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! :o) I love the variety of pumpkins you used! :o) The sentiment is precious and I love the little details like the wispy clouds and glossy-accented wagon wheels. :o) Beautiful work on this Thanksgiving-inspired card! Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete