Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Scarecrow Love

I made this card for The Paper Variety challenge  which was to create a card inspired by an image or colors and leaves.  It could lead to anything....color choice, fall, Autumn, Nature, trees, etc....
I got this really cute cricut cartridge today called Simply Charmed and love the cute images in it.  A large variety from Saint Patricks Day to summer!
My card is a 5 x 5 card.  Mat 1 is cut at 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 and mat 2 cut at 4 1/2.
I used the boy and girl scarecrow from page 57 and cut them both at 3".  I tried to get as many colors as the main image had from The Paper Variety.  I really used those colors on the boy scarecrows clothing. I chalked around all edges of the scarecrows and popped them up with some dimensionals.
I cut the tree from the same cartridge on p. 55 (tree 3) also at 3".  The hearts came from the Sweethearts cartridge.
The sentiment is Scarecrow Love.  Hey even scarecrows need some loving after their important job!


1 comment:

  1. Great card, love those scarecrows and your take on the challenge :)
    Thanks for playing along at TPV this week :)

    ReplyDelete