Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Noel Ornaments

Between my daughter being sick, planning a Christmas concert and rehearsing for a show, I finally had time to sit down and make another card for Mojo Monday's current sketch challenge and also Delightful Sketches Current Challenge of using red and Green.  It was a perfect day to get in the Christmas mood as we got a dumping of about 15cm of snow!  Not a fun drive home but my son has been in his glory all day long. 
The challenge was the following sketch and I really love the layout (and the challenge) or figuring out what to create.  My secret pal at work gave me these beautiful Recollections ornament stickers and I just had to use them.  The card base is 5" x 6 1/2" and is cut from white cardstock.  The mat is cut from patterned paper at 4 3/4" x 6 1/4".  I cut a strip of red patterned paper at 2" x 4 1/2" and trimmed it at the bottom.  My 3 strips of green patterened paper were cut at 4 1/2 x 1".
The stamp "Noel" is from Inkadinkado Christmas Silhouettes and was stamped using Stampin' Up Ruby Red ink.  I put a few dimensionals on the back to really make it stand out. The patterned paper is from the 2011 Recollection Christmas Stack called Bright & Jolly and it has 180 sheets of really cute festive paper.  I find some of these paper stacks are a hit and miss with a few nice designs and the rest not knowing what to do with them.  This stack has a huge array of beautiful kid-like and fun festive images and the hard part will be cutting them up!
Hope you like my card.



1 comment:

  1. I love ornaments, so this suits me! Nice traditional color palette :-)

    Visiting from Mojo Monday
    Please stop by and say hello!
    xo Kristina
    www.PearlGateway.com

    ReplyDelete