Friday, January 6, 2012

Scraps card #12: Feeling Sick?

Well I can finally move my neck but only slightly.  I don't know if it is the way I slept but I have had heat on it for the past 2 days and slowly I am able to move it a bit more.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  I had enough energy to make 4 cards today using my scraps and here is what I came up with. 
I have had this checkered black and white paper for years and have really hated it but didn't want to toss it out.  I thought that as soon as I did that, I would finally find a project that I could use it for.  Finally that day came today when I was flipping through my Just Cards cartridge and seen the Feeling Sick? Milk It phrase. 
I used the Just Because cricut cartridge.  Honestly, I don't use this cartridge enough!!!!  I cut the apple card shown on page 46 of the manual at 5 1/2" on Kraft cardstock from Recollections.  I cut the border using Apple Shift also at 5 1/2" using black cardstock.  I used the milk bottle and phrase on page 32 of the manual.  The milk jug I cut first on black cardstock using Layer 1 at 5".  I then cut Layer shift on white cardstock also at 5".  The phrase was cut at 2 3/4" using red cardstock.
I then used my Create a Critter Cartridge p. 60 for the cow.  I cut the Cow, Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3 all at 3".  I then chalked around all cuts to give it a little more shading. I then added Glossy Accents to the nose and utters!
The black checkered mat was cut at 3 1/2" x 5".  I then cut a black border at 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" and punched it using a laced edge border punch.  The red patterned paper was also in my scraps stash and was cut at 1" x 5 1/2" and was added on top of the black mat. 
In the inside of the card I added the Milk bottle and used my Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge and cut out It! at 1". 
A cute little card to brighten someone's day who isn't feeling the best but could "milk it!"
I entered this in
The Paper Variety: Black & White with a kiss of color






4 comments:

  1. very cute anita... hope your neck is better soon!song bird xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST sentiment EVER! I think I *need* that cartridge now ;)

    Your cards are perfect and adorable. Cards from scraps are the best. I am your newest fan & follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh what a super cute card and sentiment! This will surely make any ill friend smile and feel better! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adsolutely adorable....great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete