Sunday, January 8, 2012

Scraps Card #13 Wishing You a Warm Nose

Card #13 out of 31...It is amazing how quick it takes scraps to add up.  I am glad this series is helping me "clean out my little pile of scraps."
For card #13, I had enough of the patterend paper to make 2 cards.  I used the Die Cutting Divas Birthday Challenge sketch for my inspiration.  I will be back later with a cupcake card for this challenge but first wanted to get rid of some of my Christmas scraps with this card.  I also got these really cute stickers from my Secret Santa at work! 
The card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and is from the Soda Pop cardstock pack by Recollections.  Mat #1 (red) measures 5 1/4" x 4" and is a scrap from The Paper Company that I had lying around.  The green mat measures 3 3/4" x 3 1/2" and I used my Stampin' Up round corner punch.  The strip of patterned scrap paper measures 3 3/4" x 1 1/4" and is adhered to a red border (same as the previous mat) measuring 3 3/4" x 1 1/2".  I also used my Recollections border punch on it.
The cup of cocoa comes from the Winter Frolic cricut cartridge (page 59) and was cut at 3".  I used the mug, mug shift, layer and layer shift.  I used dimensionals as well to make it stand out.
The circles at the bottom which hold the dimensionals stickers were cut from George & Basic Shapes at 1 1/4".
The stickers were a gift from my Secret Santa and are cute cute!  They are from Recollections.
Hope you like my take on the Die Cutting challenge. 
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut #92: Warming up With hot Coca
PaperCraftStar #78:  Winter Inspired
Cute Card Thursday: Something New
Crafty Hazelnuts: Something Recycled
Cooking with the Cricut:  Something New (Winter Frolic cartridge & Recollections Stickers)




8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is an adorable card with fun, happy colors. I love the 3 items at the bottom too! That cute snowman and the cups of cocoa....complete with marshmallows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this - great use of those resources - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 54 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and cheerfulThanks so much for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card and a perfect sentiment. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card:) So bright and cheery. My kind of card. TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
    ~Madison CWC DT Funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and colorful card ! A super nice addition to our challenge this week at Papercraft Star - glad you could join us !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card and so happy to hear about you getting Winter Frolic...it is one of my favorite Winter cartridges. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cooking with Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on this sketch. Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CWC. Smooches... Sous Chef Feli'

    ReplyDelete