Monday, January 2, 2012

Scraps card #7: He Shoots He Scores

My little boy loves LOVES loves hockey.  He breathes, eats, and sleeps hockey.  And he's been like this since he was 1.  In less than two months Denver turns 4 and he has just graduated to "big boy" skates from his bobsled skates.  Needles to say, this is a triumphant goal for him and according to him, he can now play hockey. 
So for my next scraps card, I wanted to use my new Cricut Go Canada cartridge and a scrap piece of hockey paper for this card to celebrate his graduation to big boy skates. Everything on this card is made from scraps except for the card base.
The card base is from Recollections Jewel cardstock and measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The mat measures 5 1/4" x 4" and was a scrap piece of blue that matched the strip of hockey paper.  The hockey paper was left over from Denver's 2nd birthday scrapbook pages.  I think it was by Karen Foster but don't quote me on that.  The strip measures 1 1/2" x 5 1/4".  I added a strip of burgendy ribbon to it as well. 
All cuts are from the Cricut Go Canada cartridge. This is a new cartridge and I love it.  It's a must have for any Canadian scrapbooker!!!!  They even have a Tim's cup!!!
The skate is found on page 27 and is cut at 2".  I used all layers for the skate. The stick and puck are found on p. 24 and are cut at 3 1/2" and the phrase he shoots he scores is found on p. 25 and is cut at 1 1/2".  I also used Inkadinkadoo's Snowflakes A Plenty and my versamark and stamped some snowfloakes on the background of the blue mat.  I then added Icicle stickles to the outsides of the snowflake and one in the middle to give it a little shimmer!
Hope you like my take on Canadian winters!  We are hockey people!
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Heart Song Inspirations-Challenge 29: Anything Goes
Bitten By The Bug-card with skates
My Craft Spot-Challenge #39: Winter Wonderland card (use glitter)
Exploring Cricut-Winterwonderland
Paperplaytime-Cricut and something recycled
Creative Time For Me:  Sports challenge
Cards for Men: Recycled Material



29 comments:

  1. What a great take on this weeks challenge!!! TFS and participating in our challenge :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of the skate on this card, thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on this week's challenge cut. My brother was a big hockey player when we were growing up and he would LOVE this card too.

    Thanks for playing along with us at BBTB2 - I hope you plan to join us for all of the 2012 weekly challenges!!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card!!! I need this cart!
    I heard Canada won the World Jr's on Saturday!! :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what a cute take on our skate challenge. Thanks so much for joining in on our BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My....I truly love your card. My nephews are big time hockey players. In fact, my one nephew just won his championship....I'm gonna have to scraplift this one from ya ;) Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is just fantastic. It's nice to see a masculine touch to the ice skate challenge. All of the Design Team went feminine. Tell your little guy how exceptional he is for getting the big boy skates so soon. Way to go, Denver!
    Thanks for playing along with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card and how exciting for your little one. Love the masculine twist. Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card!!! This is the first I have seen anyone using the Go Canada cartridge. I love these cuts! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!
    Also, thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and thanks for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun card! I really like how you incorporated the shimmering snowflakes with the masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome!! Love the masculine look of this! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Had posted earlier but when I came back I saw my comment was deleted so recommenting. Like the hockey card. Watched on tv some of the Winter Holiday hockey game played outdoors in Philadelphia. Today I posted some hockey frames I made for a sports challenge. Have a nice day.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Love the bling on the snowflakes, but also the great masculine feel too! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific hockey card! I love it! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super hockey card!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut! Awesome job! Blessings...

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing card! Thanks for joining the challenge @ Exploring Cricut.

    Crafty hugs,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww..This is darling..I love that your son has loved hockey since he was one..It is a fun sport to watch.....Thanks for playing along in my pick this week at BBTB2..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant card perfect for your little one!
    Thanks so much for joining usat BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card love your design and colour choice. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice to see a masculine take on this weeks challenge super hockey card :) thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :) ( go wings! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is fantastic!! love the cuts you used!!!
    Thanks so much for playing with paper @ Paper Playtime!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic card! I love the masculine color combo! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  26. WHat a very manly card - nice job loving the card. Nice colors - and great saying.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome card you really did a great job on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. YEAH! I LOVE hockey!!! This card totally rocks!!! thanks so much for playing along with us at MyCreativeTime!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  29. SUPER cute card ! Thanks for taking the challenge at BBTB2 !!!

    ReplyDelete