Monday, January 16, 2012

Scraps Card #16 Happy Birthday Caterpillar

Back again with another scraps card.  I have officially reached the half way point of this series with 15 more cards to go!  This is also helping put a dent in my pile of scraps....
For this card I kept it simple but cute for a child's birthday.  The card base is cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The mat (pink) is cut at 5 1/4" x 4" and the patterned paper mat is cut from 5" x 3 3/4".  I have had this patterned paper for awhile.  I can't remember what paper stack it was from but it was all baby girl patterned paper.  I loved it because some papers were flocked while others had glitter.  I had enough from this scrap to make 4 cards!
The caterpillar and frame are both from the Create a Critter cricut cartridge.  The caterpillar is found on page 54 and is cut at 3".  I cut the caterpillar with black cardstock, layer 1 using the same green found on my card base and layer 1 is from a Basic Grey scrap that I had lying around that actually matched the pink in the patterned paper. 
The frame is found on page 60 (cow) and is cut at 3 1/2" from ivory cardstock and again at 3 3/4" using the green.  I cut this using phrase shift.
To finish the little guy off I added the Happy Birthday sentiment using my Studio G lime green ink and added some green bling! Viola!
I entered this in the following challenges:
Bitten By the Bug 2:  Caterpillar Challenge
Charisma Cards:  Happy 3rd birthday Challenge
ABC Challenge:  "H" for Happy Birthday


12 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, this is so cute!!! I love the soft colors and the bling in the corners!! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I too love the pastel colors. Very sweet! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout of this card and the patterned papers that you chose! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so cute!! It's a great idea to make more than one of them as you've done several times! Good for you on all the scraps you've been using!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card ! Nice caterpillar and lovely colours. Good work ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz on our 3rd birthday this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! Great image and colours! :)

    Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week for our 3rd Birthday celebration.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is very cute! and you made this using your scraps? wow! I'm your newest follower.
    Jenn from Paper Expressions

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super cute. I really need to work on using my scraps. The pile just keeps getting bigger. Thanks for stopping by. : )

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute take on our caterpillar challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute. Thanks for playing along with ABC.

    ReplyDelete