Sunday, January 1, 2012

Scraps card #6: Peace Christmas card

It seems like Christmas just finished and I'm starting my stash for next year.  Talk about your overachieving!!!
This card layout was inspired totally by the paper and when I looked through my stamp collection and realized I haven't used this reindeer yet, I knew it had to be done!
So far, I am loving this recycling of old scrap paper. It's helping get rid of the pile up in my scrap room!  I also recycled some bling off of a Christmas card....
The card base is 5 1/2" x 4 1/2".  The strip measures 3" x 5 1/2".  The inside strip measures 2 3/4" x 5 1/2".  The red mat measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/4", with the mat behind it measuring 3" x 3 3/4" and punched with a border punch.
I embossed the deer & sentiment using Recollections Snow embossing powder. 
The stamp for the reindeer comes from the Christmas Silhouettes stamp set by Inkadinkadoo, while the sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo as well but their Warm Holiday Wishes stamp set.

I made 2 variations on this card and just changed the strip mat size on one of them.  The patterned paper is from DCWV Tis The Season and Recollections Naughty and Nice paperstacks.  Lucky for me I had enough scraps for 2 cards! For the red flowers, I saved them from a Christmas card that we recieved this year.  They were too precious to throw out!
I entered this card in
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge: Challenge 53
The Secret Crafter: #166 Anything Goes
ABC Challenge:  G is for Green (Recycled or Green project)
Paper Sundaes:  Something Old, Something New (New is embossing, stamp, flowers, Old is paper scraps)
Sentimental Sundaes:  Anything Goes


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards - wtg with the recycled flowers - thanks for linking or my CHNC challenge 53 celebration candy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thanks for sharing all the details and also for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for our challenge #83 - Anything Goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card! Thanks for playing along with Sentimental Sundays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love recycling and using them to make a gorgeous creation. And a plus to being able to make two cards with recycled scraps. Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays for the Anything Goes Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cards great use of your scrap papers thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is simply nothing wrong with being an over achiever!!! Love your cards and your use of scraps!!! Something I have to get better at doing!!

    Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays "Anything Goes" Challenge this week.

    Hugs,
    Calyspo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, and good to see some recycled materials. Kate x

    ReplyDelete