Saturday, April 28, 2012

Scraps Card #16 Have a" Purrrfect" Birthday

When I went back to see all of my "scraps" cards, I realized that I forgot #16.  So here it is!
I have always wanted to make an easel card and thought that they were harder than what it actually turned out to be.  I LOVED the way this turned out.  Too cute for words.  When I was at Michaels the other day, I found a cute little birthday cat stamp and thought that this image was "purrfect" for it...
The card measures 4 1/4' x 11" scored at 2 3/4" and again at 5 1/2".  The top base is an extra piece of cardstock in the same blue color measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The orange mat measures 5 1/4" x 4 and the patterned paper mat polka dot mat measures 5" x 3 3/4".  This was all cut from my scraps, except for the card base.
The images are from the Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge.  Everything is cut at 3 1/2".  The cat is found on p. 29 and I used layer 1, 2 and 3 all from my scraps.  I also used the shift key to cut a little birthday hat for the kitty out of purple cardstock and paired it with the teal for the layer 1 feature. I used foam tape on the cat. 
The balloons are found on p. 30 and I used layer 1 in black and layer 2 in various colors.
As mentioned EVERYTHING is from my scraps.
The inside sentiment is from Studio G and was found in the dollar bin at Michaels.  It was stamped using Memento Tuxedo black ink. The sentiment mat was left over from the front of the card and measures 2 1/4" x 4" and the orange sentiment mat measures 2" x 3 3/4".
In one card I added foam tape to the sentiment mat and in the other card, I added it to the balloons to create the "easel".  
I am entering this card in the following challenges:








10 comments:

  1. LOL.....I love it!!So Stinkin Cute!!!Love that create a critter cart!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute birthday card!! You've been busy this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lovely thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card,the dotty background is just purrfect! Thanks for joining us the week for the Papercraft Star "Polka dots" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute cute easel card. This is one of my fave card styles. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 balloon challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy birthday card! And the sentiment inside is great!

    Thank you for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs,
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just sooooo cute, fab first easel card, I'm sure there will be many more now. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, what a great easel card. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coouldn't be cuter! And that stamp inside is just purrfect for sure. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete