Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Scraps Card #26 Baby Boy Card

Wow, I am down to my last 5 cards in the Scraps Card series.  Since a few of my friends are having boys or just had a boy, I needed to restock my stash.  My hubby and I found out yesterday that our little September bundle is a girl!  We are super excited. That takes our total to 1 boy and 2 girls.  Will be O.K until they all need the bathroom at the same time.
All materials for this card came from my stash, except the card base. The card base is from Recollections Cape Cod cardstock and measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". The yellow mat measures 5 1/4" x 4".  The patterned paper mat is from a very old stash of baby 12 x 12 paper that I had and measures 5" x 3 3/4".
All cuts are from the Create a Critter cartridge and can be found on p. 71 of the manual.  For the moon, I cut it, layer 1, 2 and 3 at 2".  The stars I cut at 1" and also at 1 1/2".  The sheep was cut at 3" using Lamb, layer 1, 2 and the accessory.  All were cut at 3".  To give it depth, I chalked around all edges and also ran the clouds and Lamb's wool through my Cuttlebug using my Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folder.  I love this whimsical swirl and use it often for clouds or wool. I added dimensionals to the sheep.  For the stars, I also added some yellow Stickles.  Don't you love Stickles!!!!!
The sentiments where pieces of old sticky vellum that I had in my stash.
I entered this in the following Challenges:
Bearly Mine Challenge #31:  Embossing
Tuesday Throwdown:  #94 Recycled Stash
More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday #69:  Baby Theme




3 comments:

  1. These are really cute!! Great sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, I love it, and the embossing looks great on the wee animals. Thanks for sharing it with us at Bearly Mine Challenges.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete