Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Scraps Card #27 A Very Merry Christmas

The countdown is on.  Only 4 more cards in the Scraps Card Series.  Needless to say, it has eliminated a good chunk of my stash (not all of it of course).
For this card, I wanted to use some of my seasonal paper.  I don't have as much scraps of Seasonal Christmas paper but wanted to get rid of some of the little scraps I did.  Everything for this card was made from my scraps.
The inspiration comes from Sunday Sketch and Stamp's current challenge.  I had enough of this little scraps to make this design.  The card base measures 4 1/2" x 6".  The mat is 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" and is from The Paper Company and is called Starburst Translucent Red.  I had just enough for this and the frame. The squares each measure 2" x 2 3/4" and are from my Christmas Scrap stash.   The circle was cut using the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge and was cut at 2 1/4" and the red circle mat cut at 2 1/2".
The stamped image is from Inkadinkadoo and is called Christmas Characters.  I used this set for the image and the sentiment on the outside.  The inside sentiment is by Close to my Heart and is called Festive Thoughts. The image was colored using my Prisma colored pencils.
I also added some red bling and stickles to the hat and snowflakes.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Sunday Sketch and Stamp:  #102 sketch
Sentimental Sundays:  #98 Frame It



4 comments:

  1. OMG!I love Christmas!Especially your Christmas Card!!!!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! You've been busy this week!! Hope that means you are feeling well and have some energy!! Congrats on your little blessing being a girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. It's reminds me that I too need to start on Christmas Cards! Trying to make them all on Christmas Eve isn't working! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for the "Frame It" challenge. Please join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cute card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at SS&S.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete