Thursday, April 26, 2012

Scraps Card #30 Rain Rain Go Away...

Finally, I get a little inspiration from the rain.  I actually like the rain, the sound and the smell after a beautiful rainfall is so fresh and new.  Plus, the flowers and green grass are a sure sign that Summer is coming!
I am getting close to the end of the Scraps Card Series with only 1 card left.  Very hard to believe but it got rid of a lot of my scraps.  I guess I'm a scrap-horder!  My new card series will begin next week with a Masculine card theme.  I am planning on making 10 masculine adult cards and 10 male children's cards.
My card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and was cut from White Cardstock.  The blue mat was from my scraps and was cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  The blue & white argyle mat was also from my scrap stash and measures 5" x 3 3/4".  I also cut a strip of brown measuring 5" x 1".
For this card I used the following Cricut Cartridges:  Paper Doll Dress Up, Everyday Paper Dolls and Create a Critter.  I used scraps for all of my cuts.  
The fence was cut from white cardstock from Paper Doll Dress Up at 1 1/2".  This is found on p. 78 of the manual.  The raindrops were cut at 2 1/2" from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge.  The cut is found on p. 42.
The umbrella, duck, rain cloud, pond and boots were all cut from the Create a Critter cartridge.  Most of these cuts are found on p. 31 and the cloud and pond are found on page 52.  The cloud was cut at 1 1/2" from grey, and the pond (water) was cut at 1" and 1/2" from blue cardstock.  
The duck & boots were cut at 2 3/4" and the Umbrella was cut at 2".  
I used my Cuttlebug: Divine Swirls embossing folder on the clouds and chalked around the edges of the cloud and all cuts.  I also added Glossy Accents to the raindrops and the water.
Both sentiments were printed from my computer. 
I entered this card in the following challenges:





10 comments:

  1. Super cute duck. A great card that is so fun.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card. I love the cute duck. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lovely card made me smile, for this is just how we are feeling with all the recent rain. thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so cute!! I'm a newbie here to your blog and your newest follower! I'm sure I'll be back to see more of your creations! I follwed you from Mary's Cricut Cardz Challenge.

    Creations By PinkE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card, cute duck. this is just a really fun card. Thanks for joining us at Clear it Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute!! I love the embossed clouds and the decorated inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! I love everything about them. So glad you joined us at UIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering your card at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog. Your card makes me smile, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card. Great song inspiration!
    Thanks for playing along with Clear it Out.
    Rachel B - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cards!

    Thank you for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Feathered Friends' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete