Sunday, April 29, 2012

Masculine Card Series #1: Old Fashioned Truck

Well here it is.  The 10 week challenge of Masculine Cards.  Every Monday I will be featuring an adult Male card and every Thursday a boy card for the next 10 weeks.  Some of these will be stamped images, digi stamps, Cricut Cuts or CAS cards.
My first card comes from the Just Because Cards cricut cartridge.  I love the truck in this cartridge and is usually my #1 pick for a Masculine card.
The card base is cut at 5" x 7" from brown and Kraft cardstock.  The Navy Blue mat measures 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" and the patterned paper mat measures 4 1/4" x 6 1/4" and is by Chatterbox called Billiard Plain Vellum.  I found the vellum to blend a little too much so I put a white mat with the same measurements behind it.
The green sentiment mat measures 4 1/2" x 2" and the white measures 3 3/4" x 1 1/2".
The truck is from the Just Because Cricut cartridge (p. 42) and was cut at 4" using layer 1 and layer 1 shift, layer 2 and shift and shadow.  I added foam tape to the back to give it a bit of dimension.
The small mat is from Elegant Edges and is found on p. 62 (Clover) and was cut at 4" using Oblong Shift.
The inside sentiment mat measures 2 3/4" x 3" and was stamped using Studio G brown ink.
All sentiments are from a Birthday Greetings Stampin' Up Set.
I inked around all edges with the Studio G brown ink.  Some cards I used ribbons and twine from my stash, and others I added small black buttons to look like brads.
Hope you like it!
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut:  trains, planes, automobiles
Cards for Men:  Texture
Celebrate the Occasion:  Must use Ribbon Happy Birthday
Party Time Tuesday:  Use Kraft Paper, Anything Goes
Create Time For Me:  Use a Frame






8 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card, I just love your background paper with your wonderful die-cut! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Birthday (must use ribbon) challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat masculine card! Love the shape for the frame. Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    ~ Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ha ha men and their trucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT job with all your masculine cards!I LOVE that COOL trucks and your frame too,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB and My Creative Time the Throwback Thursday Challenge!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card hun,many thanks for joinin us at cards for men in our texture challenge, hugs sandra dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great clean and simple masculine card!!!!
    Thanks for playing with CTO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great!! Very smart to make more than one at a time, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab card... perfect for the challenge

    thanks for joining us at cards for men this fortnight

    jen xxx

    ReplyDelete