Monday, April 16, 2012

Scraps Card #25 Sending You Warm Fuzzies

What a beautiful day.  22 degrees and loving this April weather week.  It is supposed to be nice all week with rain at the end of the week.  Oh well, you can't win them all.  I finally had a few moments tonight to make another scraps card. Only 6 more to go in this series.  And now time for another Series announcement.  My next personal challenge is a Masculine Series.  I have challenged myself to make 10 masculine adult cards and 10 boy cards. Wish me luck!
For this card, I used Create a Critter and also Everyday Pop Up Cards.  I have had this cartridge since before Christmas and FINALLY used it.  Sad on my part. I really liked how the lion from CAC and the Circus wagon from EPUC worked together. Also got a little inspiration from the Madagascar film.
The card base was cut from Orange cardstock from Recollections cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The card mat was cut from a scrap of brown cardstock also by Recollections and measures 5 1/4" x 4".  The patterned paper scrap mat is from a baby mini I made years ago and measures 5" x 3 3/4".
Using the Everyday Pop Up Cards, I used the Circus cut found on p. 66 of the manual.  For this, I cut Circus from turquoise, Circus shift from Burnt Orange, layer 1 from a light brown, layer 1 shift from ecru and layer 2 from a dark brown.  This was all cut at 3 1/4" using my scraps.
The lion is from Create a Critter and is found on p. 57.  I cut him at 1 1/2" also using my scraps and Lion, Layer 1, 2 and Shadow function.
I added dimensionals behind the Circus wagon so it would look like you were peeking inside the cage and the lion was behind it far back.
The sentiment on the outside is from Hero Art Clear Stamp Set.  The inside sentiment is from a Retired Stampin' Up set called Birthday Greetings.
I also added some mini buttons I got at Walmart in a huge bag for $3.00.
Hope you have a "roaring" great day!
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Paper Sundaes:  #116 Anything Goes
Getting Cricky: Favorite Project
My Craft Spot:  Use Dimensionals 
Paperplay Time:  #72 Birthday Card with sentiment
Krafty Girls:  Recycled Stash
Shopping our Stash:  Boy colors or theme
Use it Tuesday:  Anything Goes


12 comments:

  1. love your card..very cute! congrats on your new baby coming in sept!! :) how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY sweet card!! Dont you love Creat A Critter???? MY FAVORITE next to AP from Close To My Heart!

    Congrats on your little blessing coming this September!!!

    Thanks for playing along with the Krafty Girls!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute card - thanks for joining in the masculine theme this week on Shopping our stash, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card!!!
    Good luck with making all the masculine cards!! I'll be stalking you looking for ideas... they are some of the hardest for me to make! :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card love the lion too cute!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
    Hugs
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. that card is incredibly cute...love everything about it! thanks for joining at shopping our stash this week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute!
    Thanks so much for sharing @ Paper Playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooo cute!! The cuts you used on your card are perfect! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Cant believe it came out of all scraps! Time to take mine out LOL
    Thanks for playing with us at Krafty Girls!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I love it!

    Ty for playing along with us at krafty girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, very cute. Thank for stopping by Krafty Girls and participating in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete