Monday, April 23, 2012

Scraps Card #28 Flower Mother's Day Card

Although it's a few weeks away, I wanted to start making some Mother's Day Cards for my stash!  It's hard to believe that Spring is here as it has been snowing and raining in parts of New Brunswick.  We have got so much rain and my son wants to go play in the puddles.
For my newest card I wanted to use one of my new Cricut Cartridge.  Last week I purchased 4 new cartridges, Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2, Three Birds on Parade, Robots and Elegant Edges. I couldn't wait to get home and craft with them but we have been battling the flu in this house so I hadn't had a chance to "test" them out until tonight!
The card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and was cut from a deep purple cardstock by Recollections.  From my stash, I used some left over Green Faux Canvas by Recollections that was featured on the St. Patrick's Day card.  This green mat measures 5 1/4" x 4". The patterned paper is also from my stash and I know it's by K & Company.  I love the little elements of glitter in it and it is such a cut "Spring" paper.  This mat measures 5" x 3 3/4".
Using the Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge, I cut from p. 70 the Oblong and Shadow shift at 4" using the dark purple and also the rest of the patterned paper.  I also cut a white oblong for the inside sentiment.
The flower and pot comes from the Every Day Pop Up Cards Cricut cartridge and is found on p. 23 of the manual.  I cut this using Flower, flower shift and Layer 1 at 3 1/4".  On one flower I added some stickles and a bling, the other flower I used a left over purple paper flower that I got from the Dollar bin at Michaels.  I also added a small bling to this.
The sentiment comes from my Hero Art set and was stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
Quick and simple yet totally cute!
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Die Cutting Divas: Gardens
Aud Sentiments #52:  Spring Colors
Craft Us Crazy #25:  Mother's Day and Flowers
Go Fish #15:  Anything Goes



4 comments:

  1. Very nice cards!! The paper is very pretty and Mother's Day-ish!! :)
    (My kids had puddle-magnets in their feet when they were little!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card:) Pretty papers! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at Go Fish!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete