Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Star Card

Can you feel Christmas in the air?  It's getting cooler in New Brunswick and on those beautiful clear nights I love how the sky is littered with stars.  I wanted to make a very quick and simple card and show the beauty of the star.  I chose to do a CAS A2 size card using the star found on p. 71 of the Winter Frolic cartridge.  It is found under Layer shift.
The star is cut at 8 1/2" from Gold patterned paper by G.C.D Studios and is called #065 Ups and Downs.
 The sentiment is from Close to My Heart D1179 Festive Thoughts and was stamped using Versamark and White Embossing powder by Recollections.
 The blue snowflake patterned paper is from last years Mat Stack by K & Co Elizabeth Brown called EB Visions of Christmas.
To finish the inside of the card I used another gold star cut at 4" and my EK Success scallop border punch. The inside sentiment is also from Close to My Heart D1179 Festive Thoughts and was stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

Materials Used:
*A2 size card
*Cardstock by Recollections
*Blue Patterned paper by K & Co Elizabeth Brown Visions of Christmas.
*Gold Patterned paper G.C.D Studios  #065 Ups and Downs.
*Winter Frolic Cricut Cartridge by Provocraft (p.71) cut at 8 1/2" using layer shift and 4" for inside
*Close to My Heart D1179 Festive Thoughts
*Recollections white embossing powder
*Versamark
*EK Success Scallop Border Punch
*Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

5 comments: