Wednesday, November 14, 2012

3D Pretty Princess Purses

Hello blogging friends and crafters.  I am so excited to share my first post as being a Guest Design Team Member for My Cricut Craft Room.
This week, our assignment for Theme Day Thursday was to create a 3D Pretty Princess Purse.  This challenge came at an amazing time in our house as my 2 year old daughter is well into her "Princess" stage.  I have watched every Disney Princess movie for the past 5 days and she shows no time of slowing down.  She is also loving putting on lipgloss and glittery nail polish. So I wanted to include those ideas in her purse. For my project I used Once Upon a Princess and Flower Shoppe.
Here is my project...
 For the purse I used the Once Upon a Princess cartridge.  The purse was cut at 11 1/2" from pg. 66 using patterned paper from DCWV Nana's Nursery paper pad. I inked around the ivory handle with Studio G Pink ink.
 The flower was cut from at 2 1/4" (white inked with pink), 2" (pink) 1 3/4" (ivory) and 1 1/4" (glittered) from heart 2 found on p. 16 of the manual.  I inked around the larger 2 flower with Studio G pink ink and for the last flower added pink stickles to it.  I also added a piece of left over pink ribbon I had.
 The crown is found on p. 76 and was cut at 1 3/4".  Since my daughter's name is Aslynn I decided to cut at "A" from p.44 from the same pink paper found in the flower.  I also added 3 different colored bling jewels to it and Icicle stickles.
In the purse I added some "girly" Princess elements.



7 comments:

  1. Anita,
    This purse is so adorable, and I love that you added some goodies for you daughter. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I'm sure your little girly girl will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty purse! I'm sure your daughter will adore this. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too cute Anita. It sounds like you have a Diva in the making, lol. TFS, you did a great job as a Guest Design, welcome!!!! Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea for your purse! I love the details that you put on the purse for your "little Princess" The crown embellishment is a perfect touch to this project.

    Nadja MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete