Monday, May 6, 2013

Craft Your Passion #161: Floral Delights

Welcome to another challenge this week at Craft Your Passion.  This week we have two sponsors for our theme, Stamping Dragon Designs and Bugaboo Stamps.
Our theme this week is Floral Delights. We challenge you to use floral images, papers, add flowers, etc.
For my image I used Bugaboo Stamps Ladybug Flower Pot.
Before I show you my card, I will tell you what my connection to ladybugs is. As a child, I loved ladybugs.  My grandmother had this little wind-up lady bug that would walk around and I loved playing with it.  Shortly before she died, the ladybug went missing.  She died in 1996, ten days after my birthday.  When we were cleaning out her house and packing her belongings nobody could find the ladybug.
In 2005, my husband and I moved into our new home in New Brunswick.  When we were unpacking our things I came across this large container that I kept things in as a child.  I had told him about it, forgetting what was in it and we decided to look.  There on the top was the ladybug with a little note saying "you loved it as a child, for you to continue the love on your own or for your future children to enjoy!"  Needless to say, tears of joy and sadness came and the unpacking was discontinued for the night.  The ladybug now stands on top of my jewelry box.

Here is my card. I used this weeks Paper Take Weekly Sketch #78 as the sketch and kept the colors to black, white and red!

The whole image

I added some Glitter Glue to the flowers and butterflies and Glossy Accents to the Ladybug.

Challenges Entered:
*Paper Take Weekly Sketch 78
*Little Scrap Pieces: It's a Bug's Life!

Materials Used:
*Image by Bugaboo Stamps Ladybug Flower Pot
*Cardstock by Recollections
*Red patterned paper by Recollections Bold Basics paper stack
*Black patterned paper by Recollections
*Mulberry Flowers
*Bling
*Glossy Accents
*Glitter Glue
*Image colored with Prisma Coloring pencils
*EK Success Scallop Border punch
*Ribbon by Offray



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. This little bug is so sweet. Lovely sketch too.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card!! What a neat story about your grandmother and the ladybug!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, this is so cute. There can never be too many polka dots. Love the bold colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card,Anita.What a lovely image for you to choose with so much sentiment attached.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg what a super cute image and great colors!Thanks for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a touching story, thank you for sharing it and your adorable card!

    Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete