Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge #114: Sketch Challenge

Happy Tuesday! Today we have a great sketch challenge for you at Die Cuttin' Divas. Our Guest Diva this week is Diane from Happy Scrapper.
Our sponsor this week is The Scrapbooking Queen.

Here is the sketch that we challenge you with this week...

When I seen the sketch, I automatically thought Graduation card.  My cousin from Boston, Leslie, just graduated from  St. Petersburg College as an RN!  Congratulations Leslie, I'm so proud of you.  Here is a graduation card I made for her...
 Her school colors where Royal Blue and White,so I kept it simple.
 I used my Cuttlebug Divine Swirls for the embossing on the oval.
The inside sentiment is by Hero arts and I used some of that Basic Grey paper to create a frame!
Be sure to stop by to see our project by our Guest Diva this week!

Materials Used:
*A2 size card
*cardstock by Recollections
*Patterned paper by Basic Grey Black Tie BLT-123
*Cuttlebug Divine Swirls embossing folder
*Everyday Pop Up Cards (p. 43) for grad hat
*Plantin Schoolbook for Ovals
*Sentiments by Hero Arts

7 comments:

  1. Love the swirls border on your card. Great use of this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and elegant grad card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Grad Card. May have to CASE this for a grad card I need to make for a high school grad. I have both those Cricut cartridges. I pinned your card on my Pinterest board.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderful sketch card!!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card. Perfect for the new grad!

    ReplyDelete