Thursday, December 1, 2011

Trim the Tree

In our house, we are anxiously waiting for December 10th so we can put up our tree.  We always get a real tree the 2nd Saturday of December.  I love the smell, and the family tradition of decorating it.  My children are so excited and we have started the "how many more days..." conversation already!
For my newest card I wanted to use the element of "trimming the tree."  My card base is cut at 5" x 5" using a Christmas Green card stock from Recollections.
My patterned paper mat is cut at 4 3/4" and is from a DCWV stack I've had for years.  I have so much Christmas paper and need to use some of it up!  I added a strip of coordinating paper from the same stack which measured 1 3/4" by 4 3/4".    I added a 1" x 4 3/4" strip of the same green I used on the card base and used a punch to give the edges a decorative look.
The larger small mat was cut from white cardstock at 2 1/2" x 3" and I had a scrap of Bazzil cardstock that matched the lighter green from the patterned paper.  I cut that at 2 1/4" x 2 3/4".
For the ornament, I used my new Winter Frolic cartridge.  The ornament is found on p. 64 and was cut at 2 3/4" on one card and 3" on the other card.  I used the Ornament 1., Ornament Shift, and both layers (shift and non-shift).  I added some stickles to the ornaments layers to give it that sparkle look.
For the sentiment, I used the Lil' Messsages "Holiday Cheer Messages" from American Traditional Designs.  These are sticker vellum messages and it is a set of 12 with many cute Christmas and Holiday messages!
Enjoy "Trimming Your Trees"
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday's Sketch 217
The Paper Variety: Include an Ornament
Trimmies Craft Challenge: Christmas Present



5 comments:

  1. These cards are gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Variety this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card set. Great design! Thanks for joining The Paper Variety's ornament challenge :)
    -Suzanne My blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely design. The papers are so bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining in with the CRAFT challenge this week. Good Luck Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so cute!! I really like the papers especially the red that almost looks embossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute cards! thanks for playing at TPV!

    ReplyDelete