Thursday, May 3, 2012

Masculine Card Series #2: Birthday Boy Truck

Here it is, Card #2 in the Masculine Card Series.  This card is for a boy or child and is a birthday card.
The card base and envelope were cut from the Cricut Wild Card Cartridge at 5".  I used the Tweety card found on p. 47 and it was cut using the blackout feature for both the envelope and the card.  I used my corner rounder on the edges.
The mat was cut at 4 3/4" from Deja Views patterned paper called Coral.  I've had this paper for years (literally) and finally found a card to use it on.  I also used my corner rounder on this.
The truck and orange mat are both from the Cricut Boys Will Be Boys Cartridge.  I have not used this cartridge a lot and wonder why I don't as there are a lot of very "boyish" images and very simple cuts and layers.  The truck and all layers plus the orange mat were all cut at 3" and is found on p. 75 of the manual.  The orange patterned paper is from Chatterbox and is called Happy Flutter.  It had butterflies on the back but I never really liked the way it looked and thought that the orange went so well with everything else.
I chalked around all of the edges and used foam tape on the truck.
The sentiments are from Stampin' Up and were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I entered this in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday#215:  One for the Boys







Join me on Monday for another Masculine card for an adult male.

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome. I would have loved making these for my son when he was a tike. Any little boy would have fun with these.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentiment is so cute!Love it!Best Boy card ever!!!!!TFS...

    ReplyDelete