Thursday, June 28, 2012

Alice in Wonderland Card

I just bought the Disney Classics Cricut Cartridge and although I love the designs from the old Disney movies, I hate how small they cut out.  It took my over 1/2 hour to assemble Alice and this is one of the larger designs.  My daughter turns 2 in a few weeks and is OBSESSED with Alice in Wonderland, especially the tea party scene.  She loves having tea parties and my husband, son and I are often approached to wear these ridiculous hats and come and join her for "tea".  I bought this cartridge to make her invitations and thought I'd try this one out for a birthday card, not an invitation.  For the invitations I hope to make some explosion box invites.
So here's the birthday card ( I love it!)


Materials Used:
Disney Classics Cricut Cartridge by Provocraft (p. 22 cut at 5")
Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge by Provocraft (p. 22 cut at 5 1/2" Oblong shift and Shadow)
Patterned paper by KI Enchanting paper stack
Mulberry Flowers from Stash sprayed with homemade Glimmer Mist
Stickles
Stamped Sentiment by Tim Holtz

Challenges:
Fab'n' Funkey #127:  Cute and Girly
Party Time Tuesday #74:  Anything Goes
Celebrate the Occasion #68:  Happy Birthday
Sentimental Sundays #108: Cute & Girly

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will be a fun birthday party in Wonderland! Although they are small, intricate cuts the Disney images always look great. Yours is fabulous!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, thanks for playing @ CTO Bithday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice is so sweet and I love your inside sentiment, great card! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Birthday" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! Enjoy the tea parties! Sounds fun to me! Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

    ReplyDelete