Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Masculine Card Series #13: Father's Day Cards

What a beautiful week this is going to be.  I am honored to have been asked to be a Guest Diva at Die Cuttin' Divas for the Manly Card for Father's Day Challenge.  This challenge can be found here.  I want to take this time to personally thank Georgiana and the "Diva" team for asking me!
For this challenge, I choose to make 2 cards.  One that my children helped me make for "Daddy" and the other I made for my husband, my father, and my father-in-law.  
For the first card, I chose to use the Create A Critter cartridge and the camera image on p. 37.  I wanted to do a different take on the card by using a photo of our children in the camera lens instead of having the cardstock show.  The camera was cut at 3 1/2".


Materials Used (Camera Card)
A2 size card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4")
Cardstock by Recollections
2 Button Brads
Patterned Paper by My Minds Eye Complete Boy Paper Stack
Hemp Cord (Walmart)
Foam tape
White Jelly Roll Pen
Stamp sentiment by Hero Arts
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Picture
Create a Critter Cartridge by Provocraft (p. 37 cut at 3 1/2") 

For the shirt card, I used the Simply Charmed cartridge.  The image can be found on p. 42 and was cut at 4 1/2".  


Shirt Card:
A2 size card
Patterned paper by KI Memories Classic Prints Paperpad
Cardstock by Recollections
Simply Charmed Cartridge by Provocraft (p.42 cut at 4 1/2")
Buttons from stash
Edges inked with Studio G Chalk ink
Foam Tape for shirt collar & tie

Challenges Entered:
Card Making Mamas #47:  Father's Day Card
Little Scrap Pieces: Father's Day Card
One Stop Craft Challenge #186:  Father's Day
The Secret Crafter #189:  Father's Day
Sentimental Sundays #106:  For a special Guy
Celebrate The Occasion#66: Father's Day
My Craft Spot:  Father's Day
Krafty Girls:  Mission Impossible




24 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards!
    I especially love the picture idea in the lens of the camera, very clever!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fabulous! I love the camera one and what a great idea to put a pic in the lens! Thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Girls!

    Stacey
    Krafty Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are WONDERFUL and FUN cards!!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Putting the picture in the camera lens was such a clever idea! I'm going to have to try this! Thank you for playing along with us at Krafty Girls!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous masculine card, just perfect for our Father's Day Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are adorable! I love how you put the picture in the lens! Very cute and original! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anita,
    You have make 2 beautiful cards, they are so defferents. You did a fabulous job (and the kids)
    Great to have you as a Guest Diva on the team this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards.

    Nana
    mycraftingchannel.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and original cards!

    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous job with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week. wow that camera with those sweet faces is so clever great idea. Ha Ha love the "buttons" for buttons...inspired. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great cards! I love the pic inside the lens on the camera and the wonderful tie card! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards. Love the camera card. Thanks for being a Guest Designer for Die Cuttin Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you could join DCD as Guest Diva this week! Your cards are both great. Love the idea of putting a photo in your camera lens--cute idea!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both great cards, but I especially like the one with the pic!! Your DH will love it!!
    I like your bright new blog look, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous cards. Love the first one.
    Many thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two excellent ideas for Father's Day Cards! Thanks for joining us this challenge at Card Makin' Mamas hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable. Such a good idea. Thanks for stopping by Krafty Girls and playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

    Rachelle
    SS DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG I love the camera! Fab Job! Thanks for playing along with CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you personalized the camera with the adorable picture, really great card! Thanks for joining us @ CTO for our "Father's Day" Challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete