Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sympathy Card

I find sympathy cards very hard to make.  I do not like to make the card busy, I'd much rather a clean and simple look.  I got this stamp set from Inkadinkadoo on clearance at Walmart for $5.00 and thought I'd try it out.  While looking through my 12 x 12 patterned paper I came across this beautiful design and thought the two paired so well together.  My only regret is not buying a lot more of it.
The card base is cut from Kraft cardstock and is a A2 size card cut the long way.  The patterned paper is by Creative Imagination and is called Plumeria.  The small ivory mat measures 4" x 2 1/2" with the same Kraft paper mat measuring 4 1/4' x 2 3/4".
As mentioned the image is by Inkadinkadoo and is from the Meadow stamp set.  It was stamped using Stampin' Up ink called Creamy Caramel and the sentiment is stamped using Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip ink.  The sentiment inside and out is by Hero Art is comes from the Everyday Sayings set.

The ribbon was left over from my stash and is a beautiful brown.  (I think it's from Walmart)

No comments:

Post a Comment