Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hark the Herald...

Well, I am actually surprised that I pulled this card off.  I know I think that a lot about my cards and sometimes am amazed that I made it...I guess we all must feel like that in our art!
For this card, I used the design from Mojo Monday's Sketch 218
The card base is cut at 5" x 7" from Bazzill cardstock.  The color is Carob.  For the mat I used an old piece of sheet music for Hark the Herald Angels Sing.  I inked around the edges using Studio G Chalk ink.  I love the way it made it look old and worn.  The mat for the card base measures 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".  I punched a strip left over from the cardbase at 1 1/2" x 4 3/4" and used my Recollections punch on the border.  I then cut a small mat at 3 1/4" x 4 1/4".  
For the oval I used my George and Basic Shapes cricut cartridge.  I cut the oval at 4 1/2" using a lighter music of patterned paper from the Recollections Naughty or Nice paperstack. All patterned paper in this design I used the Recollections Naughty or Nice paperstack. The larger oval was cut from left over Carob cardstock at 4 3/4". 
I stamped an angel image using Inkadinkadoo's Christmas Silhouettes clear stamp set.  I love this stamp set.  I used Stampin' Up's Close to Cocoa stamp pad on her image.  Around her, I stamped some extra snowflakes to really fill up some blank space and give it that full look.  I used dimensionals on the oval to lift it off the page a bit. 
For the sentiment, I used the Stampin' Up Occasional Quotes set.  The sentiment was stamped using Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip color.  The small mat that holds the sentiment is cut at 3 x 2 3/4" and I used the same Carob brown cardstock for the back mat measuring 3 1/4" x 3".
For the inside of the card, I used my Lacey Labels Cricut Lite cartridge.  I cut the asian label at 5" (label, shift and layer) I used the brown cardstock from earlier and left over patterned paper from the Naughty of Nice stack that was used on the front of the card. 
Hope you like my take on this challenge!
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday Sketch 218
Jingle Belles Rock Wrapping It Up Challenge
Celebrate the Occasion Challenge #42:  Christmas (No Green)
Cardz TV Design Team Challenge #2: Crafty Christmas
More Than Favors: Christmas





9 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous!! I love the color and the stamping and the music... all of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a ♥GORGEOUS♥ card! that lovely neutral color palette really is beautiful, and so very glamorous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card. Not normally attracted to neutrals but this is well done.

    Visiting from Mojo Monday
    xo, Kristina
    Please stop by and say hello!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card!! Thank you for joining our Crafty Christmas challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, thanks for joining Crafty Christmas at Cardz TV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, I love it! Thanks for playing along with CCC and A Caroling We Will Go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable. Thanks for sharing your "craftiness" with us at Cardz TV Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back again, thanks for joining CCC and CTO TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, I love all your DP's with the beautiful stamping! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete