Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Scraps card #1: Happy Birthday Card

Hoping the last few days of 2011 will be good to all of you.  Amid the massive house cleaning of kids toys, clothes, and every other single nook of this house, I decided to clean my scrap area of our bedroom.  We currently live in a mini home and this little area will do until our new house is built!  I went and bought one of those 7 drawer storage units for my things and it works amazing and is solving the space problem!
I decided to go through my large amount of scraps....doesn't it accumulate fast.  I have decided that every single card I make in January will be made from scraps...I am not cutting any new paper (except cardbases)or buying anything new until I get it down some. 
So here is the first of my "scrap" cards.
The card base is cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and is cut from the Recollections Jewel paper line.  The mat and all patterned paper are from My Minds Eye Complete Boy paperstack.  I have numerous scraps of this paperstack from my sons scrapbook and thought it was time to make some more "boy" themed things.
The mat is cut at 5 1/4" x 4" and the strip at the bottom is cut at 1" x 5 1/4". 
For the dumptruck, I used the Cricut Boys Will Be Boys cartridge.  I admit I have had this cartridge for 3 months and this is the first time I have used it.  Really neat "Boyish" designs from bugs to Nintendo remotes!  I cut the dumtruck at 3" using the main cut, it's shift for the wheels and the layer for the light and dump bed.  I added Glossy Accents to the wheels and dimensionals to the truck.
I have lost my punch so I used the George & Basic Shapes cartridge, cutting the circle out of ivory at 1 1/4" and a red circle at 1 1/2". This red was a left over piece of scrap paper that I had and is the same red from the cardbase and also on the dump bed of the truck. 
I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment using Stampin' Up Not Quite So Navy ink.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card!
    Great idea to use scraps all month!! I think I need to do that... though I'm not sure I have the self control to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete