Thursday, December 29, 2011

Scraps card #2: I Love You

Day 2 of "Getting Rid of Your Pile of Scraps..."
For my inspiration today I used Cute Card Thursday Sketch # 196.  I had printed this sketch out a while ago and never got around to using it until today.  I have so many different wedding/love themed scraps and thought that today I would takle it.  So here's what I came up with.
The card base is cut from White cardstock at 4 1/2".  The grey mat is cut at 4 1/4".  I then used a Recollections line of wedding paper that I bought last October.  The black larger mat measures at 4" and is off centered slightly.  The striped mat measures as 3 3/4" x 2 1/4".  The black polka dot mat measures 3 1/2 x 2.  The love XO XO strip measures 4 1/2" x 1".  I used a piece of black ribbon that I had stored for a rainy day.  The square measures 2 1/2" and I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo black ink.  I added some Icicle stickles to the brides dress to give it a dazzling feeling. 
The pink flower is from a set that I won in a challenge at Trim the Tree Paper Variety a few weeks ago and the purple flower set is from studio G.  I found them in our dollor bin at our local Michaels.  I added a little bling to the centers of the purple & white flower.
Simple, yet so elegant, especially with the single use of color in the flowers!


No comments:

Post a Comment