Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas Stocking Card

Christmas concert is over and went off amazingly....Now to finish a few last minute holiday gifts.  I decided to make a very quick and easy gift for a teacher friend of mine.  These took me an 1 1/2hrs to put together and that's including the box.  I got the idea for the box from Momo (love her blog and projects) at Made By Momo.  an The card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and is cut from some Recollections cardstock that matched the blue in the patterend paper.  The patterned paper is from Recollections Bright and Jolly paper stack.  I've mentioned it before on how many amazing designs there are in this stack.  Usually I like about half and not too keen on the rest but I love all the papers in this stack.  The mat is measured at 5 1/2" x 4".
The side dark green strip is cut at 1 1/2" x 4 and punched.  I included a green matching strip of paper from the same stack measuring 1/2" x 4. 
I cut the stocking from the Simply Charmed cricut cartridge at 3".  I lost my scallop punch so I used the scallop design in the Once Upon a Princess cricut cartridge cut at 2 1/2".  The circle from George & Basic Shapes cartridge is cut at 1 1/2". I added pop up dots to the stocking and sentiment.
The sentiment is from Occasional Quotes Stampin' Up set and I used the a Studio G brown ink to stamp it. 
For the box, I used a coordinating green 12 x 12 mat but cut it at 8 1/2" x 12" instead of the 8" x 12" that Momo used.  My envelopes are a little larger than an A2 size and this lets them fit perfectly. 
I used the left over strip of patterned paper and the dark green for the belly band.  Inside are 10 matching cards with envelopes. 
A very easy, quick and inexpensive gift idea!  And who doesn't like free cards....
I entered this card in the following Challenges
She's A Sassy Lady:  Christmas Project
Paper Playtime Say it With Sentiments #63: Anything Goes
Paperplay Challenge Week 50:  Christmas
More Than Favors: Christmas Extended




4 comments:

  1. This card is as cute as can be! Thanks for playing along at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute gift set!! Love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great gift set which I am sure your friend will love! Merry Christmas from North Carolina! ( I joined your site too )

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute!! That paper is great and that stocking is adorable!
    Merry Christmas to you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete