Thursday, December 29, 2011

Scraps card #3: There's no business like "Snow" business

Back again for my month long take at using my scraps.  Here is card #3: There's no business like "Snow" business.
For this card I used all scraps, cardstock and patterned paper.  The patterned paper is a winter snow themed with little sayings.  I have had this scrap since my son's first winter in 2009!
I used my Simply Charmed cricut cartridge for the images.  The hat is cut at 3" and the mittens at 2", one normal cut and one using the flip feature.  Both of these can be found on p. 65 of the manual.
The card base is cut from grey cardstock and measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The second mat is cut from a grey blue at 5 1/4" x 4".  I rounded the corners and also rounded the corners on the white mat cut at 5" x 3 3/4".  I embossed the sentiment using the Recollections Periwinkle embossing powder.  This sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo's Christmas Characters stamp set.  I used my cuttlebug and my Divine Swirls cuttlebug folder because I wanted a swirling snow effect. 
I used dimensionals on the hat and added a piece of embroidery floss for the mittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment