Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Heard the Bells

One of my favorite Christmas Carols is "I Heard the Bells."  I love Michael Burgess' version.  I got my inspiration for this project from the Lil' Messages Vellum Holiday Cheer Messages by American Traditional Designs.  I had saved a sketch from Create With Connie & Mary challenge#178 and didn't have time to do the project.  So here it is anyways. 
I cut the card at 6 1/2" x 5" from the Soda Pop Recollections cardstock.  The red mat is cut at 5 1/2" x 4" and is from The Paper Company Starburst Translucent red line.  All patterned papers are from Recollections Bright and Jolly paperstack.  This is an amazing stack filled with a lot of cute, child like designs.  And I love the colors.  There is something in it for everything!  The small strip on the side is cut at 6 1/4" x 1 1/2".  The green strip is cut at 6" x 2". 
I used my Cricut Sweethearts cartridge for the bell.  The bell is cut at 3" from silver cardstock from Bazzill.  I added a red bow to the top instead of using the bow cut for this bell. 
I also added 3 red blings!!!
I entered this card in the following challenges:
The Paper Variety: Inspiration by a Christmas song, title or lyric
Whimsical Wednesday:  Add glitter, bling or something shiny
Cooking with the Cricut#63: Sounds of the Season
Cardz TV Challenge #97:  A carolling we'll go
Cardz TV Design Team Challenge #2:  Crafty Christmas
More Than Favors Christmas Challenge



16 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful and this is another beautiful song that I have not thought of in a long time - thanks for the reminder and thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely. So simple and yet so elegant. I love your paper and colour choices, and your bow holding the bells is perfect. What a wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CWC! :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    P.S. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty. I love this verse by Longfellow. Your card is wonderful with just the perfect detail.
    Thanks for joining Cooking With Cricut.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the metalic bells and gems. The poem is beautiful! THanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with your BEAUTIFUL card,I LOVE it!,Thank you so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking With Cricut

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card!! Love the bells!! Thank you for joining our Cardz TV Crafty Christmas Challenge!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely job! Thank you for joining in and sharing your "craftiness" with us at Cardz TV Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty and elegant card! I love your blog too, so festive! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and papers. Thank you for joining us at CardzTV Crafty Christmas Challenge. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bells! This is a lovely card. Thanks for joining our crafty Christmas challenge at Cardz Tv.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your card is pretty i too like the bells and that you added the verse to the front. thanks for sharing with us at cardztv and WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that song! Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. simply lovely, great interpretation of the theme!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kemma, CookingWithCricut Design Team
    mykemmacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing at Cooking with Cricut.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card! I love that you shared part of the song, too. Thanks so much for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete