Sunday, May 27, 2012

Graduation Card

It's been a long time since I've taught Middle and High School but a former voice student of mine is graduating this year and I wanted to make a card for the occasion...
For my Grad card, I used the Wild Card Cartridge and the 3 Birds on Parade Cartridge. 
Using the Wild Card cartridge, I cut the envelope, hat and liners at 7 1/2".  I cut 2 scrolls (icon) at 2 1/4". The images can be found on p. 73 of the manual.
From the 3 Birds on Parade, I cut the Graduate bird found on p. 47 at 3".  I cut the grad, grad shift, layer 1 and layer 1 shift and shadow.  I cut the shadow again from yellow cardstock for the inside sentiment. The bird was layered and I added red Stickles to the cap tassel.  I also used dimensionals on it. 
The sentiment on the cap was stamped using Snow White Embossing Powder by Recollections and is from my Hero Arts sentiments set.
The inside sentiment is stamped using a Stampin' Up set called Occasional Quotes and was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
The sentiment mat measures 4 x 2 1/2" and the blue mat is 3 3/4" x 2 1/4".  I added the 2 scrolls to this and added some red Stickles to replace the ribbon!
I entered this card in the following challenges:






8 comments:

  1. Adorable graduation card with so many fun details! And I love the lined envelope...too cute! Thanks so much for playing along with "Challenge Me Monday" over at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME job with your great Graduation card!and LOVE the envelope too!!!Thanks for joined us at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card!!!I love it!!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card and super job on the envelope too!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card- love the shape & envelope! Thanks for playing at CTO! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card and your matching envelope is such a fabulous touch! Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week @ CTO for our "Graduation" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clever! That envelope is awesome and the card is just so cute! Great job! Thanks for joining us at FCCB! I'm sorry it took so long to get here and leave a comment.

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete