Monday, May 14, 2012

Masculine Card Series #5: The Adamant Golfer

My husband is a huge and fan of the game.  Yesterday was a perfect Mother's Day filled with breakfast, a gift card to Michael's and The Player's Championship. So I took my inspiration for this weeks masculine card from the game itself, and for those of us that love the sport (especially of those who would love it more if they could play it).
Last week I won a gift certificate from the Digi Doodle Shop for playing in the Trimmies Craft Challenge by using buttons.  They have a great selection of Digi images and I loved this golfing image!
The card base is 5" x 7" and was cut from white cardstock. The dark green mat is 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" and the patterned paper mat is 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" and is by Recollections.
The dark green strip found on the top measures 4 1/2" x 1 3/4".  The Green Argyle patterned paper is by Recollections and measures 2" x 6" with the dark green mat behind it measuring 2 1/4" x 6 1/4".
The digi image is from the Digi Doodle Shop and is called The Adamant Golfer: Stroke of Genius.  I colored the image using my Prisma colored pencils.  I added 2 brown buttons to the front of the card.
The inside sentiment was printed from my computer and the flag image is from the Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridge and was cut at 3".  This image can be found on p. 54 using Accessory 3.
Hope you like my poor little golfer!  I know my husband will love this for a Father's Day card or a birthday card.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
All Sorts Challenge:  A Card for a Man or Boy
Sentimental Sundays: Birthday card with button, brad or bling
Cards for Men #10:  Kicking Back




5 comments:

  1. This is great!! I love the argyle paper! And that image is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, love the greens! Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great image! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. scrappyhappymommy this is so cute! im sure it will be a big "hit"! Thanks for coming to SENTIMENTALS this week. See you next week? SMILES, Samara

    ReplyDelete